10 Pieces of Me
I’ve been challenged! Somehow I’m supposed to take some time out of my life and come up with ten things that y’all don’t know about me. The thing is, for the most part either I truly believe those that read this (or who know me personally) know enough about my life and who I am OR …what is it that I haven’t told you yet that you would find interesting? I have my new co-worker and friend, Ashely Sue, to thank for this! (Luv ya, hon!)
What to write? What to write…
1. I have this fear of falling…falling from grace…falling off a steep roadway…falling out of a tree. Not sure why. I just do.
2. I firmly believe that people are innately good. Some just lose themselves along the way for whatever reason. I believe most people can be reformed “back to goodness” but I will admit that there just may be some out there that unfortunately, that just may not be their path. What is their path then, you might ask? Heck if I know! I’m not here to judge. Just to love…and spread my own everywhere I go.
3. The pedicure I had the pleasure of partaking in a couple of months ago was my very first one…EVER! Why I did not have one sooner is beyond my imagination!
4. I completely… utterly… wholeheartedly…truthfully…rely upon God for everything in my life. I know I speak it. I know I write about it. And I know my fellow Bloggers and friends out there either hear it or read it. But, I’m not entirely sure y’all understand it. Hopefully, now you do! My life is directed by God. Everything I have comes from him. Everything I am and everything I aim to be was/is inspired by Him. Truly. So, next time I say “God Bless” or tell you that my “prayers are lifted for you”, I’m not just saying it. I mean it!
5. I’ve never gone skinny dipping either but boy would I love to!
6. What would I do if I won the lottery (PowerBall is currently at 161 million)? After taking a much deserved vacation, paying off any debts I may owe, and giving a chunk to charity, I would find a beautiful old farm house, renovate it, add some amenities to it if it didn’t have any (a horse stable, an in-ground pool, a tennis court, trails along the property, etc.), and then open it up as a Bed & Breakfast. That’s what I would want to do for the rest of my life – be the Owner of the best Bed & Breakfast in the Carolina countryside, somewhere near the mountains of western North Carolina, and I’d want it to be a haven, a sanctuary, for people to come to just to relax, a place they would look forward to come to year after year.
7. I also fear blindness, or rather going blind as my life progresses. I realize there are people who live with blindness day in and day out. Some of our most famous musicians (Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles) are blind. But, for me, as much as I love my music, I’d rather if I’m going to lose anything, it be my hearing instead of my eyesight. For some reason, the idea of being able to see the leaves as they change color in the fall or being able to accomplish the daily task of just grooming because I can see is more appealing to me than not being able to hear anything.
8. I regret my college days, most of them. I made so many mistakes during that time in my life and though with every mistake came a learning experience, which in itself is good, still, if I could go back in time and change an era of my life, it would be that one.
9. I have to eat everything on my plate separately. I do not like to combine my food. Maybe it’s because that’s how what I was taught. I don’t know.
10. I’ve always wanted a surprise party. I have! I giggle at the thought even. To know that someone put that much thought into something special for me, gives me a warm-fuzzy feeling…and I like feeling warm and fuzzy. 🙂
PHEW! That took a whole lot of thought (and several days too, I might add). However, considering that I have never looked at myself this way or how I have shared myself in this way either, I understand why it took so long to “get down on paper”. I don’t know if I should thank you again, Ashley Sue, or if I should bop you in the head for making me think!
(Image courtesy of: http://www.f-brunner.ch/Produktebilder/Puzzles.JPG)